[riot-users] Regarding qemu emulation of ESP8266 elf executables

Jean Luc Antoine Olivier Fobe jeanfobe at ime.usp.br
Fri Sep 13 19:33:15 CEST 2019

Hi all,
   I am currently developing IoT attack scenarios based on Chen's work
(Chen, K., Zhang, S., Li, Z., Zhang, Y., Deng, Q., Ray, S., & Jin, Y.
(2018). Internet-of-Things Security and Vulnerabilities: Taxonomy,
Challenges, and Practice. Journal of Hardware and Systems Security, 2(2),
97–110.). I read the documentation page at
http://doc.riot-os.org/group__cpu__esp8266.html  that describes how
generating an elf for the ESP8266 could be run on qemu, however, I was not
successful in doing so.
  My doubts are how is this elf being generated, could it be adapted from
Arduino-IDE build process, and if so where should changes be made?
  If there is anybody that can help me with this, or successfully managed
to emulate any of these elfs, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Jean Fobe